Over the first three units of this course, you learned a lot about the importance of research and the basics of how research is conducted in criminal justice. In this unit is to connect all of these dots into one coherent essy examining the following main points of research.
- Discuss the social science approach and its use in the field of criminal justice.
- Explain the steps in the research process. Why is each step critical to the research process?
- Explain why ethics are so important in research.
- Compare and contrast validity and reliability. How are these assessed in research? Explain two types of validity and two methods for assessing different inconsistencies in reliability. How can reliability and validity within a research study be improved.
- Explain the purpose of sampling. Compare and contrast probability and nonprobability sampling.
Be sure to include an introduction and a conclusion. Must be a minimum of four pgs in length, not counting the title and reference pages. At least three scholarly resources must be used. Any information from these sources should be cited and referenced in APA.