Attend a school board meeting for a local school district. If you are unable to attend in person, you may watch a live stream or an official recorded video of a recent school board meeting.
In a 500 reflection about your experience, address the following:
- Describe each item addressed at the board meeting. What was being discussed and why?
- Explain who was in attendance at the meeting. What kinds of people were there? Why were they there? Were you surprised by who attended?
- Describe who presented at the meeting. Were the presentations civil? Did you agree with one side or another of the arguments?
- What you learned at this board meeting.
- How you will use what you learned as a teacher.
Submit a copy of the meeting agenda to the learning management system with your reflection.