Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum
- Review Chapter 13 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
- Review Monetary Policy: How Central Banks Regulate the EconomyLinks to an external site..
- Review Fed's 'Digital Dollar' Idea Has Frightening Implications For Privacy And Freedom | What's AheadLinks to an external site..
The United States’ monetary policy is largely determined by the Federal Reserve Bank (Fed). For this discussion, you will cordially debate the necessity of the Fed.
For your initial post, address the following:
- How does the Fed control the money supply? Be sure to explain how they can expand or restrict the money supply.
- How does the banking system create money?
- List two or three pros and cons of the Federal Reserve Bank.
- What is your conclusion? Is the Fed necessary? Support your opinion.
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly and credible resource, in addition to the text. Use the APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. and the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resources from the UAGC Writing Center to appropriately cite and reference your sources.