Many research scholars and experts consider emotional intelligence to be a better indicator of success and effective leadership than a person's IQ or other personality traits. In this discussion, you will take a self-assessment to gauge your emotional intelligence skills and then discuss your results.
For your initial post, first click the My eMaterials link to access Soomo and complete the emotional intelligence self-assessment. After taking the assessment, make a post that addresses the following:
- How is this assessment and its results valuable and relevant to you?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How and where will you apply these results in your professional life?
- Which areas would you like to focus on to improve your emotional intelligence skills?
In your response to at least two peers, address the following:
- Identify their strengths from their self-assessment and how these strengths will help them in the workplace.
- Make a suggestion to help them improve their skills in one area of emotional intelligence that they would like to focus on.
To complete this assignment, review the Discussion Rubric.