You are now working as a therapist in a mental health clinic. A mother, Michelle, comes to you concerned about her 12 year-old son named James. She describes James as being aggressive towards her which includes screaming in her face, throwing objects when he is upset and on two occasions, he pushed her down to the ground. While you are conducting the intake, Michelle tells you that she left James’ father, Michael, after years of domestic violence which resulted in his arrests and current incarceration. When you inquire about what behaviors James may have witnessed between his parents, Michelle is clear that James viewed many occasions when his Father punched her, blocked her from leaving the house and at one point, James intervened in the abuse resulting in him receiving a black eye from his Father. Despite these examples, Michelle articulates to you that she does not understand from where James has learned these aggressive behaviors and would like assistance and support to intervene with him “before he becomes just like his father.” How do you explain to Michelle the impact of Michael’s behaviors on James? What further questions would you like to ask Michelle? What techniques would you utilize to engage James?
Interested in getting help with this assignment?
Get a professional writing team to work on your assignment!Order Now
- You are the new National Sales Manager for Elite Golfers, which is a high-end business-to-consumer golf equipment and apparel provider. The company has multiple locations includ
- We have learned about various parent functions and how to transform them using translations, reflections, compressions, and stretches. In this discussion, you will practice iden
- For this assignment, you will again assume a management role for the company providing e-courses in the second assignment. The company has received numerous complaints from diss
- Select a subject (person at least 3 years old) who you know well enough to assess their developmental stages. Select a Lifespan Development Theory (for example Erikson’s P
- As you assemble your draft plan, include the following new elements: A program schedule, with staffing needs for each segment of the program, including any overlapping tasks (f