Read the following article from Chapter 10 of your textbook p 268:
Understanding Social Capital and HIV Risk in Rural African American Communities
In 6-12 sentences, answer the following questions:
- What were the four main themes identified as contributing to disparities in HIV rates?
- What were the community characteristics identified by the "adults" that foster trusting relationships? Were these among the characteristics your groups identified?
- How did these characteristics hinder or foster HIV outreach and access to community resources according to the youth?
- What part did the linking relationships of religious leaders play in access to HIV-related services and prevention activities?
- What were some of the strategies that might be used to address these issues?
- What were the community forces that contributed to the increased HIV rates?