Instructions: Select a fictional sports team, sports organization, or athletic department. You can select any level you desire (youth, high school, college, or professional). Develop a comprehensive "Business Plan" which must be detailed, specific, realistic, and demonstrate accuracy in terms of content developed.
Create a MS PowerPoint presentation for the Business Plan to be discussed with your organization's potential investors. The Business Plan must be at least 10 slides in length (not including the title and reference slides) and include all components in the Program Plan Outline, such as the following:
- Title (include your name as well as organization's/program's name)
- Table of Contents (identify each slide's title to inform audience of information to be discussed during presentation)
- Company/Program Conceptual Description (include historical development of organization/program, organization's/program's location)
- Executive Summary (identify organization's/program's product and services, marketing strategies, management team – organizational chart, financial status and need)
- Mission Statement (provide statement of organization's/program's of philosophy, future vision, and major operational goal)
- Long-Term Goals (3-4 goals which may be accomplished within 5-8 years)
- Short-Term Goals (3-4 goals which may be accomplished within 1-4 years)
- SWOT Analysis (analyze organization's/program's Strengths, Weaknesses, Threats, and Opportunities)
- Human Resources Plan (identify hiring procedures, staffing requirements, disciplinary/separation, compensation/benefits, employee training)
- Marketing Plan (discuss Marketing Mix — Product, Price, Place, and Promotion concerning organization's/program's business operations)
Powerpoint should be brief bullet point format and the actual verbiage paragraphs should be in the notes section of the powerpoint.