- Record your speech. Please verify you can be clearly heard and seen in the video before submitting.
- Note: You can also use your mobile device and upload your recording. However, recording through Kaltura using these instructions links to an external site. is the recommended option.
- Refer to your outline to deliver a 2-3 minute speech.
- Do not read your notes word for word.
- After you have recorded your speech, upload the recording to the submission area.
Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Introduction. Gain your audience's attention and interest and preview the main points.
- Research. Cite at least two credible sources and support the main points.
- Conclusion. Reinforce your central idea and finish with a strong closing.
- Speech organization. Organize ideas with a logical structure.
- Technology use (online), speech clarity, and visual quality. Use technology effectively so that the audio and visual quality are clear and consistent.
- Time requirement. Be sure the speech meets the 2-3 minute time requirement.
- Delivery. Deliver the speech with strong eye contact, an expressive voice, and good nonverbal communication (including gestures or other physical movements).
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop effective oral communication and public speaking skills.
- Deliver a speech that meets visual, content, and delivery requirements.