Your Journal entry must meet the minimum length requirement of a paragraph of approximately 150 words. It needs to be well written and clearly organized using standard English, characterized by strong writing style elements, and free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors.
Complete the following challenge at home using materials that you have on hand: There is a full vessel (bucket, pot, or other container) of water on the floor in the middle of the room and an empty vessel four feet away. Your challenge is to devise a system to move the water from the full vessel to the empty one. You can move the water however you wish, but you cannot lift or move either of the vessels. Use whatever materials you want and have at home to create your system.Include the following information about designing your system and completing the challenge:
- List the everyday tools you used or repurposed to solve this challenge in your home environment. Briefly, why did you choose them? What properties of the tools did you need to consider?
- Background and prior knowledge
- Think about how your background experiences and prior knowledge informed your solution. Describe a childhood experience or other association that relates to this challenge.
- Challenge with children
- How could you engage children’s background and prior knowledge or experience when doing this in your classroom?
- List two vocabulary words you would highlight during this challenge. Briefly explain your word selections, including how they will enhance conceptual knowledge.