Assignment that is medical related, or nursing. Have to do a SOAP note, so you would have to know what a SOAP note is in regards to the medical field and there are questions you have to answer about CPT codes, billing codes for patient visits, Dx. codes, etc. But Ican add the diagosis codes.
Consider the following questions in your initial discussion post:
· Review the SOAP note accessed through this link. For purposes of the assignment, the patient is a ‘new patient’ in the practice.
· Initial Post
Use your lecture materials to determine what CPT E&M Code to utilize for this ‘new patient’ encounter.
You may choose to assign the code based on the anticipated/guestimate amount of time the provider would spend with the patient in the encounter or you may choose to utilize the Medical Decision Making (MDM) approach. If you choose the MDM include the following information in your discussion:
1. the level of history taking achieved – identify the history elements present
2. the type of exam performed – identify the number of systems and bulleted points in the note
3. the level of medical complexity encompassed – include # of points for a) diagnoses/management options, b) amount/complexity of data reviewed, and c) level of risk for complications, morbidity, mortality
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Your initial response is due by Wednesday at 11:59 pm CT.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
Please respond to at least 2 of your peer’s posts with substantive comments using the following steps:
Consider the knowledge you have gained from this week’s lecture.
1. Construct a response – ideally one who assigned the same CPT E&M Code that you did and one that did not.
· Substantive comments add to the discussion and provide your fellow students with information that will enhance the learning environment.
· References and citations should conform to APA standards.
· Remember: Please respect the opinions of others, even if their views differ. In other words, disagree professionally and respectfully.
· Plagiarism is never acceptable – give credit when credit is due – cite your sources.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis and include peer-reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with in-text citations and corresponding references in APA format.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria. Collaboration points will be forfeited if you fail to meet the response post guidelines.
All peer responses are due by Sunday at 11:59 pm CT.