Imperialism 2 *bonus
- The following readings are assigned to everyone.
- You may choose to collect up to 5 bonus points toward your final grade by also participating in a discussion on these readings.
While reading these two articles, consider imperialism within several complex frames:
- Modernism — Imperialism
- Technology — Imperialism
- Language — Imperialism
- Communication — Imperialism
- Empire v. Empire: One might imagine an empire as a single power running roughshod with ease over vulnerable nations, governments, or peoples, but what about two or more imperialistic protagonists trying to out-empire one another?
1. Describe and analyze how command of technology, science, or technical/scientific knowledge can empower an imperialistic authority in pursuit of dominance over another nation or people.
2. Comment thoughtfully on a classmate's post.